Programming an App for a device that runs Jelly Bean 4.3.
(The device is the Samsung Galaxy Camera 2, EK-GC200.)
Our App makes a photo, does some processing and then must print on a (dye-sublimation) WiFi photo printer. (Possibly the Canon Selphy CP920.)
I am stuck how to best approach to printing of the photo. I have a couple of questions.
- Is it correct that Jelly Bean offers no support for printing at all? KitKat offers the
[Printer] class. Jelly Bean offers nothing at all? Or am I missing something?
- Is there something on GitHub that would help (but that I have not been able to find)?
- If there is no support for printing, what is the best solution?
- Is it possible to send an Intent to the Canon Printer App (Easy Photo-Print) which wold take it from there?
- The only solution I can think of is to save the photo as a JPG file. then exit our App, then start Canon EPP and find the photo to print. There must be a better way, right?
- If saving the photo as a JPG is the only solution, where I do save it in order for Canon EPP to find it? External storage does not seem to work. It appears that EPP can not find a photo there...